I can not express my gratitude for the privilege of my time ( although brief) spent in Africa. I am so thankful to Drew and Tara for letting me be a witness to one of the most beautiful moments I think I have ever seen.. I am also thankful to Kim for not thinking I was crazy when I told her we were going to Africa ! Blessed to call her a friend.. and the word friend does not do her justice :) I left going to help those in need and, as you might expect, I realized I was the one in need. The people there had an earthly joy that I had never seen. It radiated from them. It must be because it is directly connected to heaven. Their joy was not contingent on what they had , for chances are, they had little or nothing and I feel safe to say they probably never will. (at least by worldly standards) But there was joy that I saw in the people there that I have never seen before. Joy in life itself...not in all the things of this world! I have been drawn to Africa for a while now... I am still intrigued and I pray I will never forget what I saw. I believe this trip worked Africa into my heart- and my heart will stir until I am able to go again. To say it changed my life would be too small. To say it captured my heart would be the truth.
More to come on the trip :)...








No comments:
Post a Comment